Thursday, September 3, 2009

Travel


Well, I am slowly coming to terms that I may never travel. I mean truly travel, not, like, to Las Vegas or a cruise to Central American (never done it) I mean to like Ireland or New Zealand. Money is always an issue. I am hoping that maybe when I am older (like, retirement). I can't afford to have children either but that is something that always will work itself out. You don't really need to save for children per say (college?) you can just live everyday and just go from there. Whereas with traveling you need money to get there and once your there, you need money to survive it. It sucks sometimes to live paycheck to paycheck but then again it is also good because you respect the cost of things and understand how to manage and stretch but I really shouldn't complain. There are people who have way less than me and probably have more children.

I am just ranting because I am reading such a great book Shantaram by Gregory David Roberts only to find out that a friend of mine read it too and went to India and saw all the place that was mentioned in the book. He has traveled a lot and told me that you really don't need much money. He and his girlfriend travels a lot and what they do it basically sleep on couches and stay and random peoples houses. He told me that there are websites that list people who are willing to allow you to stay with them. But they have no worries and no children so I guess it is easy for them to do such things. i can't make such a big risk.

Anyway, sorry for my rant. I will stop now. I am back to work and back to the daily craziness so I am not just ready to jump into making more jewelry as of now. I am still trying to get used to the swing of things. I made some of the crochet necklaces but have not put them into the shop yet because my camera is still MIA and I have yet to purchase a new one. Oh well!!!

1 comment:

The Knitwit Hues said...

Bravo, girl! I thought it was me messing up that I couldn't comment. Um, about traveling, you're right to hope that you get to do that when you retire. Life seems to make it nearly impossible much before that.... Gee! New Zealand? I'd like to see UK (specifically Ireland and Wales) and Australia. Actually, I don't want to just visit -- I wanna move to UK. :P